The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Health-AUDIOBOOK/MP3
The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Health
- Narrated by:
- Length: 9 hrs and 10 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
Combining cutting-edge neuroscience with the latest discoveries on the human microbiome, a practical guide in the tradition of Wheat Belly and Grain Brain that conclusively demonstrates the inextricable biological link between mind and body.
We have all experienced the connection between our mind and our gut - the decision we made because it "felt right"; the butterflies in our stomach before a big meeting; the anxious stomach rumbling when we're stressed out. While the dialogue between the gut and the brain has been recognized by ancient healing traditions, including Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, Western medicine has failed to appreciate the complexity of how the brain, gut, and, more recently, the microbiome - the microorganisms that live inside us - communicate with one another. In The Mind-Gut Connection, Dr. Emeran Mayer, executive director of the UCLA Oppenheimer Center for Neurobiology of Stress and Resilience, offers a revolutionary look at this developing science, teaching us how to harness the power of the mind-gut connection to take charge of our health.
The Mind-Gut Connection describes:
- Why consuming a predominantly plant-based diet is key for gut and brain health
- The importance of early childhood in gut-brain development and what parents can do to help their children thrive
- The role of excessive stress and anxiety in GI ailments and cognitive disorders
- How to "listen to your gut" and pay attention to the signals your body is sending you
- And much more