The New York Times best-selling author of Grain Brain and Brain Wash offers simple dietary and lifestyle tweaks to help you lose weight, prevent (and reverse) disease, and live a long and healthy life by reducing high uric acid levels - the hidden health risk you didn't know you had.
What do obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, fatty liver disease, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, stroke, neurological disorders, and premature death have in common? All can be stoked by high uric acid levels.
Our most respected scientific literature is bursting with evidence that elevated uric acid levels lie at the root of many pervasive health conditions, but mainstream medicine for the most part remains unaware of this connection. This is especially alarming because a large number of Americans don’t know they are suffering from increased levels, putting them at risk for developing or exacerbating potentially life-threatening illnesses.
Offering an engaging blend of science and practical advice, Drop Acid exposes the deadly truth about uric acid and teaches invaluable strategies to manage its levels, including:
- Simple dietary edits focused on reducing fructose and foods high in “purines” that can raise uric acid
- Natural hacks that lower levels such as consuming tart cherries, vitamin C, quercetin, and coffee
- Identifying common pharmaceuticals that threaten to increase uric acid
- Lifestyle interventions, like restorative sleep and exercise
- How to easily test your uric acid levels at home - a test routinely performed in your doctor’s office during regular check-ups but typically ignored.
Featuring the groundbreaking “LUV” (Lower Uric Values) diet, 35 delicious recipes, self-assessment quizzes, and a 21-day program for dropping levels, Drop Acid empowers listeners with the information they need to address this hidden danger and live longer, leaner, and healthier lives.
- ISBN-10 : 1668607603
- ISBN-13 : 978-1668607602