Improve Your Social Skills is a comprehensive, practical guide to social skills. It contains easy-to-understand explanations of social interaction, written by a professional social skills coach whose TEDx talk on overcoming the social challenges of Asperger's syndrome has been viewed over 100,000 times
You'll learn how to:
- Make conversation (and keep conversation flowing smoothly)
- Read body language (and use your own body language to signal friendliness and confidence)
- Meet new people (and make friends with them)
- Tell stories in conversation (that don't bore your audience)
- Combat shyness and social anxiety (a little courage every day adds up)
- Date successfully (without manipulation or sneaky tricks)
- And more!
I'm Dan Wendler, and I wrote this book because I believe everyone deserves a place to belong, and I didn't want poor social skills to hold anyone back from friendship and community - even if they struggle with social skills.
I know firsthand how hard it is to struggle socially. Growing up I was bullied, harassed, and excluded - no matter how hard I tried to fit in. It wasn't until I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome that I put the puzzle pieces together. I realized I struggled socially because I didn't have any social skills. And just like any other skill, social skills can be learned.
The guide you're about to hear is a compilation of the social principles I've learned during my lifetime of personal social skills study, as well as the techniques I developed while offering hundreds of hours of social skills coaching. These principles led me to a life full of close friendship and satisfying connection
I believe that you, too can live a life full to the brim with friendship, connection, and love. I hope that after listening to Improve Your Social Skills, you'll believe it too.